The COVID-19 quarantine measures taken increased the use of telecommunications and broadcasting networks, highlighting their importance as an essential infrastructure to provide communications services like smart working and streaming for people staying at home.
A workshop was held at ZOA House in Tel Aviv on September 3, 2019, which started with a presentation, by Agcom, about the out of court dispute resolution procedure. After briefly explaining the European and Italian legal frameworks, Italian experts detailed the phases of the out of court procedure, as well as its aims and possible outcomes.
The Facts Finding Report for Activity 1.3 was approved at the end of July 2019 and published on the Twinning website. .his Facts Finding Report illustrates the European Union regulatory framework for electronic communications relative to sharing mechanisms and access regulation and assesses the alternative models, to implement this framework in EU Member States, with reference to Italy, Germany and Latvia.
The report also provides an assessment of the existing mechanisms for the sharing of infrastructures, networks in Israel and illustrates an evaluation of differences and gaps, and the proposals for future activities.
Following the thread of the mission held in the previous week, Mr. Marcel Betzel, senior expert from the Dutch regulator, presented the view of a regulator who adopted a mixed regulatory approach, with light rules in regards to the protection of EU works and licensing but with detailed rules in regards to the protection of minors.
The goal of this mission held in the period of July 15 to 17, 2019 was to present the approach of Ireland, which adopted an open economic policy and a light touch regulatory approach. This approach proved to be successful insofar; it resulted in the establishment of Facebook, Microsoft and other service providers’ headquarters in Ireland.
- Development of sharing mechanisms for access to telecommunications infrastructure, networks and other facilities owned and operated by others
- Twinning Workshop
- Fixed and Mobile Internet Access: QoS
- Improvement of the Israeli legal framework
- Stay Tuned!
- Study visit to Berlin to examine the enforcement procedures involved in market surveillance
- Non Discrimination (ND) and Reference Interconnection and Access Offers (RIO)
- The New European Union Electronic Communication Code
- The new European Electronic Communications Code